Personal Information We Collect
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a customer, user, applicant or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us
- Account and Order Creation. When you create a user account and/or place an order, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and password, as well as other information you may provide like information about your event such as bride’s or groom’s partner’s name and email, and your clothing sizes.
- Shopping with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you to improve your showroom experience, including collecting your email or phone number to provide appointment updates, a bride’s or groom’s partner’s name and email to improve event collaboration.
- Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or loyalty program, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Social Media Content and Reviews. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages, including for you to review your The Black Tux transactions. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others
- Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices. In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics: We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- In certain circumstances, other users of the Services may provide us with the names and contact information for individuals who may or may not have interacted directly with our Services, for example, event participants whom we contact on behalf of the event creator, and partners whom we may message with event-specific updates. We will only use such contact information to provide specific services requested by the user who provided such information and not for any other purpose without consent of the owner of the information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to be registered for events.Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services or device;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
- Marketing attribution Attributing marketing campaignsProvide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services, such as by email or SMS;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
Use De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
Notice Regarding Third Party Websites, Social Media Platforms and Software Development Kits. The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties including analytics and advertising partners to collect your personal information for various purposes including to provide analytics services and content that is more relevant to you. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
We take your privacy very seriously, and we are committed to protecting our relationship with our customers. We use personally identifiable information that you submitted as part of our own business, and that of third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also share with third parties aggregate non-personal information about visitors to our website without restriction as to use. We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
Information that’s been de-identified. We may de-identify your Personal Information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Agents: We may disclose your personally identifiable information to certain third parties to assist us in managing customer information, to assist us in our own marketing efforts, or to administer services on our behalf such as credit card processing or delivery services. In these situations, we do not authorize those parties to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Protective Discolsures: We may disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires such disclosure, in response to law enforcement requests, or as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of The Black Tux, Inc., its affiliates and others.
Business Transfers: In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by The Black Tux, Inc. are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, both personally identifiable information and aggregate non-personal information from and/or about our customers may be among the transferred assets.
For your privacy and security, your account is protected by a password. To prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information, you should take care to protect your password.
We maintain your information on a secure server. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Discussion Boards / Chat Rooms
The Black Tux may provide access to discussion boards or chat rooms on our website or those of social networking websites. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas is available to the public. The dissemination of any Personal Information you provide via any linked sites is beyond our control and you should therefore exercise caution before disclosing any Personal Information.
The Black Tux is very concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. In compliance with the Children’s Online Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any visitor under the age of 16. If we discover that a visitor under the age of 16 has registered without parental consent, we will immediately delete his or her registration from our files.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional information for residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The terms used in this section have the same meaning as in the CCPA. This section does not apply to information that is not considered "personal information," such as anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated information, nor does it apply to publicly available information as defined in the CCPA.
Personal Information Collected in the Last 12 Months
We collect the following categories of personal information about Customers:
- Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, postal address, and telephone number
- Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier, device identifier, IP address, customer number, online identifier, and account login
- Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads, email open and click-through rates, browsing history, and search history
- Commercial and Financial Information, including purchases and credit card or debit card number
- Physical characteristics or descriptions
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications, including age
We collect the following categories of personal information about Email Subscribers:
- Personal Identifiers, including email address
- Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier and IP address
- Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads and email open and click-through rates
We collect the following categories of personal information about Website Visitors:
- Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier, device identifier, and IP address
- Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads, browsing history, and search history
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- You (the consumer)
- Ad Networks
- Data Analytics Providers
- Other consumers (e.g., referrals)
Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Information
We collect personal information for the following business purposes:
- Provide Products or Services
- Advertising and Marketing
- Error Management
- Quality Assurance
- Internal Research
- Audit Current Interactions
Information Disclosed for Business or Commercial Purposes in the Last 12 Months, and Categories of Parties Disclosed To
|Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Party|
|Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, postal address, and telephone number||Business Operations Tool, Business Partners, Shipping Services, Service Providers|
|Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier, device identifier, IP address, customer number, online identifier, and account login||Business Operations Tool, Business Partners, Shipping Services, Service Providers|
|Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads, email open and click-through rates, browsing history, and search history||Service Providers|
|Commercial and Financial Information, including purchases and credit card or debit card number||Payment Processors, Service Providers|
|Physical characteristics or descriptions||Service Providers|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications, including age||Service Providers|
|Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Party|
|Personal Identifiers, including email address||Service Providers|
|Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier and IP address||Service Providers|
|Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads and email open and click-through rates||Service Providers|
|Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Party|
|Online Identifiers, including unique personal identifier, device identifier, and IP address||Service Providers|
|Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads, browsing history, and search history||Service Providers|
Your CCPA rights are described below. You can make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by submitting a Privacy Request at the top of this page, or by clicking here. Alternatively, you can make a request by calling us toll-free at (855) 507-0673.
Right to Know
You have the right to request to know the following about the personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- the categories of sources from which we collect personal information about you
- the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose
If you make a Request to Know more than twice in a 12-month period, we may require you to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that you have provided to us. We will permanently delete from our records any personal information that is not necessary for our business operations and direct our service providers to do the same.
We consider information to be necessary for our business operations if it is used to:
- Complete an obligation to you that you have requested
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your CCPA consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt-out of any selling and sharing of your personal information.
We do not sell any personal information to any third parties.
Before we can respond to any CCPA requests, we will need to verify that you are the consumer who is the subject of the CCPA request. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft.
The verification process depends on which type of request you make and how you make it. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on information we have already collected. For example, we will ask you to verify that you have access to the email address we have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity based on our records, we cannot fulfill your CCPA request.
For a request that seeks specific personal information, we ask that you sign a declaration stating that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request, as required by the CCPA.
In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer's identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected any personal information about that consumer, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e., the consumer visited our website but had no other interaction with us), we are unable to reasonably associate a requester with any data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
A California resident's authorized agent may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by emailing us at email@example.com. Requests submitted by an authorized agent will still require verification of the person who is the subject of the request in accordance with the process described above. We will also ask for proof that the person who is the subject of the request authorized an agent to submit a privacy request on their behalf. An authorized agent that has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4121 to 4130 must submit proof of statutory power of attorney, but consumer verification is not required.
If you have trouble accessing this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to email@example.com.